got two problems coolant leak and no reverse

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

justinkemerling

got two problems coolant leak and no reverse

Postby justinkemerling » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:45 pm

got a major coolant leak around passenger manifold i really dont think its a head gasket (no steam in exaust andno oil in coolant or viceversa) i think its a head plug but i cant get to it with my tools available can go on short rides but if i pick up my kids for the weekends i have them (100 mile trip one way) i have to fill the raidiator when i get there and when i get to my house maybe a gallon each time. and #2 problem no reverse all othe gears work great if i park in my driveway and let it sit overnite i can jump in it and go into reverse no problem and i have a 8% grade i live on and it will back all the way up it but not after warm up. its a 6 cyl 4wd:twisted:

TheRude1

Postby TheRude1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm

not the bypass hose ?

The tranny issue ?

justinkemerling

Postby justinkemerling » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 am

the bypass hose for the coolant? no i checked all the hoses when it heats up i can see heat (steam or vapor) coming from the to of the manifold but i cant get my hands in there to feel and i can see coolant sitting on top of the block i guess is where it would be got to get a light on it to see it even during the day so its down there about 5 to 6 inches just a little pool of itbut if i keep running it it eventually gets to the ground its a 95 v6 4 wd so proly not the bypass fix for one this old . when running it kind of gets thrown around but the majority is coming off the lowest belt

TheRude1

Postby TheRude1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Without seeing it its so hard to tell ?

justinkemerling

Postby justinkemerling » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:20 pm

got the coolant leak fixed it was a hose. a 90 degree hose about 2" long on both ends. located behind the timing belt cover. still no reverse. ive noticed a slight pulse when coasting like the brakes are getting depressed intermittent kind of like a pulse not real bad but it might effect gas milage and pad wear mostly worried about gas lol

TheRude1

Postby TheRude1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 pm

justinkemerling wrote:got the coolant leak fixed it was a hose. a 90 degree hose about 2" long on both ends. located behind the timing belt cover. still no reverse. ive noticed a slight pulse when coasting like the brakes are getting depressed intermittent kind of like a pulse not real bad but it might effect gas milage and pad wear mostly worried about gas lol
Sounds like the bypass hose ?

Glad you got it fixed ! I HATE THE SMELL OF BURING COOLANT !

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”