Meter 10A fuse keeps blowing Help

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Gheildon

Meter 10A fuse keeps blowing Help

Postby Gheildon » Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm

So i have an issue i hope u guys can help with,
every time i turn the ignition the 10A meter fuse pops and its mind boggling as to why, and i have been checking for a ground some where but have found none,

HELP!
Last edited by Gheildon on Sun May 05, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gheildon

Postby Gheildon » Sun May 05, 2013 6:29 pm

oh and by meter fuse i mean the 10A one i am looking at a manual know to see what it links to but if you'all have any ideas then i would appreciate it

BigMick

Postby BigMick » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:01 pm

I realize that this is an old post, but I am going to post here anyway... just in case someone else with this problem stumbles by... and, since the original poster didn't post his findings and/or fix.

I was having this same problem. Every time I started my engine the meter fuse would blow.
There is a bundle of plugs mounted on the passengers fender. Some of the wires go around behind the engine. There is a push tab that holds the wires up against the back of the valve cover. On mine (a '95 4WD XE Auto), this push tab had become brittle, probably from the heat, and came out of the valve cover which allowed the wires to fall down onto the exhaust manifold. This, in turn, burned some of the shielding off of the wiring and allowed them to short against the manifold.
I pulled the wires up and wire tied them to the lower heater hose and that solved my problem.
So, if you are having this problem, this should be one of the first places you look.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”