Finally got it to Florida

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

winndixie21

Finally got it to Florida

Postby winndixie21 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:52 pm

1992 PF 4x4
I finally got the PF home after almost a year of owning it and waiting to make the trip for it.
As it was described to me by previous owner >> Lack of power on acceleration.

My finding is it runs solid, starts easy, idles around 500-600 rpm but when it is accelerated it feels like a car that the timing has been retarded way back and lacks power.

Timing belts and water pump was replaced 30 K ago and it ran fine and this problem progressed a little at a time per previous owner.
I have factory manuals, and wiring diagrams.. and plan on getting into it , but I thought maybe someone has had this experience before.

I personally knew the owner and the vehicle for years and it is a sweet clean straight pathfinder .
any help is appreciated

winndixie21

update

Postby winndixie21 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:26 pm

I got into it a little today, # 1, 3, 5, cyl does not seem to be firing... strange all non fires on the same bank, but I am more surprised that it runs as good as it does !?

Has bosch platnium 4 plugs in it , no sign of oil in water, or vice versa . Gee I am glad I waited until it was 92 degrees to screw with this :( to do it in the spring would of just been to reasonable !

I have not been able to make much sense of the code procedure but I have a factory manual to enlighten me... I just have to absorb it.

winndixie21

update : Problem Solved

Postby winndixie21 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Just to follow up on my post in hopes it might help someone else one day !!

After getting into it, I found that the Timing belt had no tension and RH bank 1,3,5 was running about two teeth out.
Long story short, Jessie James automotive wanted 900.00 bucks to do it ...
I bought the T belt kit with water pump, seals,gasket,accessories belts,tensionor and spring for 136.00 online versus 232.00 @advance. Sweated a little in 93 degree weather but job is done and I can use the left over 750.00 for 1/2 tank of gas =) =)

ezlife

Postby ezlife » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Nice write up. I wish I had checked my timing belt first. Luckily 1 valve later it runs good.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”