1994 pathfiner power door locks

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

jlaybon

1994 pathfiner power door locks

Postby jlaybon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:58 am

Hey guys,
I own a 1994 pathfinder xe and just yesterday my power door locks stopped working. Not one but all. Is there somE kinda of actuator or relay that can be replaced? Where do I begin my troubleshooting?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:23 pm

IIRC, there's a 30A fuse in the engine compartment and a circuit breaker that supply power the main switch, so first place to start is the fuses.

tsafem

Postby tsafem » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:38 pm

I had the same issue bud. Mine was the lock timer. It's a grey box over the driver side left wheel behind your interior panel. the solder pins that come pass through the board break connection. You can desolder and resolder it yourself. Very easy. Once you pull the cover off you'll see he crack riing around the larger prong. If you have issues email me and i'll snag one from the junkyard and resolder it and send it your way for a couple bucks.

SpecialWarr

Postby SpecialWarr » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey, sorry to hijack the thread but I have a further question related to the door locks:

Since there is a fuse may I simply pull it to disable the locks other than the drivers' which I'll be using?? Is it that easy to disable? (And, yes, its a sketchy neighborhood which is why I leave the Pathy out and the Volvo inside and locked!)

Sorry again for the hijack!

LifeCareEMT

Door locks

Postby LifeCareEMT » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Door lock actuators are individual to each door controlled through a fused circuit. Taking a single door or doors out of the mix is dicey and not worth the trouble. Having lived in a "let's put it out there crappy neighborhood"....I simply didn't leave anything of value in the vehicle and chained/padlocked My hood down. My old school removable face Sony stereo helped also.
Truth is.....if They want what You have....they'll get it. Broken glass,slim-jimmed locks and popped ignitions. The trick is to stay under the radar as a target......make it plain. Most vehicle violations are perpetrated by those within Your own neighborhood. I guess it did help also that I was kinda forward in My neighborhood and "put Myself out-there"....

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”