Parts numbers for Fuel tank bits??

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

SpecialWarr

Parts numbers for Fuel tank bits??

Postby SpecialWarr » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 am

Hey!

So I'm new to the Pathy and I have a small fuel leak and a large part number question. The fuel leak is coming from the tank's cap under which the sending unit and pump are mounted. I know that the $12 o-ring needs to be replaced but have temporarily sealed it with a gasket compound which stopped the leak (for now).

The problem that I have is that the leak has moved ( moved back) to the forward-most tube that comes out of the cap that screws into the tank which goes to the engine. That's the part I need. Does anyone have an idea which part number that is attached to.... the gauge in the dash works, the pump works but that one part doesn't seem to be available for sale individually. IF that's the case which part do I need to order to get that part?

Don at AAA informed me that I might be looking at buying the pump, sending unit, hose and 2 clamps for a total of about $500 in parts to be certain that I can get something that works...

Since I live on the east coast of Canada in the Salt Belt and I have already called and emailed every auto recycler from Newfoundland to Manitoba to no avail (yet) I was hoping to get some parts on the cheeep but I'll bite the bullet and pay if that's what's needed.

the beast from the east:
1990 auto 4x4, 4 door wagon, VG30E engine, Federal / Canadian emissions package and leaking from somewhere between the bellhousing and case as well as at the tank cap outlet tube!

Thanks for any information that you guys have or remember! Hit me up if you're in the Montreal area!!

I've already PMed 999 about this so I thought that I would put it out there in the forums and hope that anyone else having this problem will find their answer as well.

LifeCareEMT

Fuel issues

Postby LifeCareEMT » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Simple solution....Armed with You're Vehicle Identification Number , go to a Nissan Dealer's Parts Department. Request that they look-up the fuel system in the automated catalog with Your primary part in question. They have the ability to "zero in" and identify the parts in question and they can print the diagram with part numbers and description text. Just ask.....it's free.

SpecialWarr

Postby SpecialWarr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Are you serious... every time I tried doing that with the Volkswagen I was told that there was a $25.00 "investigation fee".... three part numbers, three fees....

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 pm

SpecialWarr wrote:Are you serious... every time I tried doing that with the Volkswagen I was told that there was a $25.00 "investigation fee".... three part numbers, three fees....
Sounds like your VW dealership's parts department is a bunch of crooks!

SpecialWarr

Postby SpecialWarr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:58 pm

You ain't kiddin! It's of the reasons I had to stop driving the VW... and a chipped car with a cut-out at 8000rpm and speed limiter removed (not my doing).... The car also refused to operate on anything but premium fuel below 10F. and acted funny if you put anything other than Bosch parts on.... fuel and maintenance costs were eating into the pay cheque a lot...

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”