94 pathy turn the lights off and the running lights stay on

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Chak

94 pathy turn the lights off and the running lights stay on

Postby Chak » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:54 pm

the running lights stay on and the dash lights go off ( its day time hard to tell)
i dont know if it is the switch or if i all of a sudden developed a short. i have had this pathy for about 10k miles and aside from the gas mileage ( which isnt too horrendous ) i love it. but this is a problem since i have had to unplug from the battery which disconnects the whole electrical system as far as i can tell .
anyone run across this before maybe have an idea where to start looking, i am thinking about starting with the switch and working from there
any help would be appreciated, i love my truck, it is a 1994 SE w/power option ( although the person before me had put on 235's i haven changed them yet) so this is new to me gotta figure it out
thanks in advance

Chak

pathy lights

Postby Chak » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:16 pm

ok pulled the light swithc assembly on the off chance that is is a stuck part of the switch no luck, does anyone know where the relay for the runng lights are maybe it is a stuck relay (i hope )
as an aside my factory driving /fog lights stopped working a week or so ago if this gives anyone some insight

Rustybux

Postby Rustybux » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 am

The relay is under the hood. Open your hood, on the passenger side of the firewall in the corner is a little black relay with "Bosch" written on the top of it. That's the relay. Mine was just clicking and no running lights. replace the relay and they work now.

Chak

Postby Chak » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:50 am

ok so i had unplugged the one connector from the battery so it wouldnt o dead overnight and when i plugged it in this morning it had reset itself. i am assuming that it was the alarm since i pulled every single fuse and relay that the truck has to try to make the lights (and dash lights) go out. So note to self leave the alarm off ...... problem fixed for now. step two i will replace the relay thanks Rusty

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”