Alarm light won't stop blinking

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

maikunari

Alarm light won't stop blinking

Postby maikunari » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 pm

It's been extremely cold here in Canada the last few days and the other night I noticed that my hazzard lights were blinking while parked out in the driveway, I started the truck up and it was fine after that.

But today (-30C) it wouldn't start so I jumped it and it started right up, but afterwards when I turn the truck off the hazzard lights keep blinking, same as the other night - while this is happening the key fob doesn't work, I have to manually unlock the door. Once I start it up it runs fine, but again when I stop it the lights keep blinking.

I tried resetting the alarm by disconnecting the positive wire from the battery , turning the key to on, and re-connecting - but no change.

Any advice would be appreciated, I just left the battery disconnected for now.

maikunari

Postby maikunari » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 am

Just to update - last night I left the battery un-hooked so the lights would stop blinking. Hooked it back up today (only -15C :) ) and it started up right away, when I turned it off the blinking was gone.

I guess leaving it unplugged reset the alarm?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 am

is there a button stuck in your remote?

maikunari

Postby maikunari » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 pm

There doesn't appear to be. The remote is old but it works and the buttons all respond normally.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”