Pathy Mods? Getting bored

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

SpeedyGreeney

Pathy Mods? Getting bored

Postby SpeedyGreeney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I've had my 2002 LE for a little over 2 1/2 years. Did a few small things here and there (see sig), but I'm looking for some change. Looking at plasti-dipping the rims soon. Does anyone have any suggestions for things to keep me busy? Not looking to dump a whole lot of cash in it, but small things add up. I'm new to the forum and I have yet to figure out how to add pictures but when I do, I'll show off the whip. Thanks!

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 am

I'll share some of the things that I've done and you can decide.
Because I drive on the road a lot still I installed a set of Warn manually locking hubs to reduce drag and wear and tear on the front drive train when I'm not 4 wheeling. It makes a difference on gas milage and acceleration.
After market all metal two pass radiator. I bought a 16" two speed electric fan which I have not installed yet but that's a work in progress. I will have the fan run on slow when the AC comes on and fast for water cooling when needed. I've been experimenting running with no fan at all with no overheating problems but, avoiding any kind of stop and go situations.
2" lift with Ranchos. Polyurethane bushings front and rear.
1" aluminum wheel spacers. (improve ride and stability and, handling)
Slotted and drilled front brake discs and ceramic pads.
Installed an oil filter relocation kit because the oil filter on a 3.3 was a bitch to get to and a mess to change.
Changed all the light fixtures to clear and changed to LED amber and white light bulbs all around.
A new stainless exhaust is another project waiting in the wings with all the parts already bought.
Other than that, there were a lot of small mods like a stainless battery tray with matching hold down hardware. All new hoses and marine grade all stainless clamps. I love stainless.
I replaced the stock running boards with 4" stainless units.
On the doors I fabricated and installed a set of teak and stainless "rub rails" like on a boat to guard against those idiots that park too close and then slam their car doors into your's when they think nobody is watching.
I plan to post some pics when I finish the exhaust.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”