Looking for appearance options for the '96 2wd

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

RCAR50

Looking for appearance options for the '96 2wd

Postby RCAR50 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 am

So as I've stated in an earlier post my 1996 is a 2wd. I was looking for the 4wd and still plan on taking this on some mild off road adventures, just dirt roads through the woods, camping and maybe crossing the occasion shallow stream if it gets in my way.

I guess what I'm looking for is some options as far as making it look like a truck. It came to me with the black wheel and 31X10.5 15 and with what I believe to still be the stock height. I get a little rubbing up front on the underside of the strut spring seat during full crank turns, other wise no issue so far.

I am planning on (funds permitting, not looking good right now) adding at least the roof cross bars or an actual safari style roof rack, window vent shades, possibly some small fender flares, tow hitch, push bar, step bars and those little bar gaurds for the rear tail lamps after I upgrade to the newer or infinity style lamps.

My only concern with these ideas are I don't want to be a poser, or look stupid with 4x4 items on my 2wd.

Has anyone here put some of these items on their 2wd? Pictures would be terrific and also how were they accepted by the 4wd drivers?

I've posted these pics in the new member section but thought I'd place it here too just to let you know what I'm starting with.

Thanks

[/img]Image

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:33 pm

for the rubbing issues, have a look at my economical solution for lifting your truck .

http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php
http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.php

Cheers.

Steve.

RCAR50

Postby RCAR50 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Those are for the2wd? That 's a pretty good price. I'll have to look in to those after I get a few things done first. It sits pretty high for a 2wd I thought already. 31s are good but I'd like a super luggy set or maybe 33s. Again I'd hate to get laughed at for lifting a 2wd.

moymurfs

Postby moymurfs » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:33 pm

You seem to be worried about what other people will think... Who cares? It's your truck do what heck you want with it. Yes, if someone looks close enough at it you may get strange looks for dumping $$ into it that is solely for aesthetics vs function. Oh well, don't sweat it.

RCAR50

Postby RCAR50 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 am

I don't really care what others think too much. The additions will be function as well. I do plan to be off road often in this so the lift, rack, push bar etc will all come in handy. I just won't be rock crawling or slaushin' through soupy mud puddles.

I have done some pretty impressive driving in vehicles that should not have been where I took them. At least this one will look like it belongs there, even if it is 2wd.

Thanks for the replies, if you find some info or pics or ideas be sure swing back in here and drop them off .

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”