Ugh....Need help!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jnevil02

Ugh....Need help!

Postby jnevil02 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:43 am

Ok...so the SES light came on about a week ago. I took it into Autozone and had them read the code to me. It came back P0011 and P0021. Banks one and two. And it says that I am experiencing INtake Valve Timing control Circuit failure. And the probable causes are
-IVT control solenoid is open or shorted
-Cam/crank sensors are out of phase
-Dirt buildup at control valve

So...Now what? I have banks one AND two...so I am assuming that is both the left and right sides. I want to get the crank sensor...and just put it in and see if that fixes it as it is the cheapest one. Then the cams sesnors...and last but not least the solenoids themselves. Ugh..

BTW..my acceleration is AWFUL (like I am short 3 or more cylinders) so...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 pm

When it came on, was it raining or damp outside? If it was, then it's probably the crank sensor. I have heard of the cam sensors going and it being a pain in the a$$ job. Have you asked anyone at nissanforums.com? They have a lot of experience with the older models. From my experience the crank sensor will cause the engine to not start. The cam sensors can cause it to run rough or stall. I hope this helps.

pathfinder15

Same issue on mine

Postby pathfinder15 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:01 am

The mechanic looked at the codes and could not find anything. However, what he looked at were the cellunoids in the gas tank. He then checked for a hole with a smoke test and sealed it.

It worked. Haven't had the problem since.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”