Right rear Wheel locked up

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

97Pathfunder

Right rear Wheel locked up

Postby 97Pathfunder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:14 pm

After a few stints of the right rear grabbing and squeaking and grinding, I took it to the trusty neighborhood Firestone.

They found the brake hardware came apart so they replaced the hardware, adjusted them and I went on my merry way.

Well today.....Im driving at about 35 mph and all of a sudden the right rear completely locks up, throws the ass end into an oversteer and i come to a screeching halt.

I take it back to Firestone...mistake #2, and they say nothing is wrong...

Any advice?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 pm

It's hard to say without seeing the brakes for oneself. Maybe they installed the hardware or shoes incorrectly? Maybe they over-adjusted the rear brakes? Only thing I can suggest is take it to another shop and get a second opinion.

threewood

Postby threewood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:00 am

There is a good possibility thet the flexline to the wheel has failed. When it does, the lining will swell shut and act like a one-way valve letting some fluid into the cylinder and not letting it back out resulting in a stuck cylinder. It may look normal on the outside. I have had this happen on two different vehicles.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”