Another Lift Thread For a Pathfinder.

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

4x4Pathy

Another Lift Thread For a Pathfinder.

Postby 4x4Pathy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and have recently purchased my first pathfinder. 1999.5 "newer body style".

I'm looking to build an expedition vehicle, road friendly but off road worthy. I know i can get coil spacers, lift coils "both limiting to 2" of lift" and a 4" sub frame drop.

I'm just wondering what combination, if not all three, would be best. Better brands and where to buy? Looking to get 6" of lift in the end.

Is there other OEM springs that could be used to lift more without the use of coil spacers? I know with 4runners you can do land rover coils or tundra components, just not sure if the same applies with Pathfinders.

Any guidance is appreciated, even just links to other threads.
Thanks guys!

CIGARGUY

Postby CIGARGUY » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:56 pm

6" of lift is most likely going to require some custom work. I personally wouldn't combine both any of the options other than maybe springs and spacers. Anything more is just asking for problems.

4x4Pathy

Postby 4x4Pathy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:58 am

I do suppose i agree after some thought. the stock control arms and rear trailing arms wouldn't handle that much lift.

Thanks for the input.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”