2001 Pathfinder SE

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

lplatzeck

2001 Pathfinder SE

Postby lplatzeck » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:30 pm

My Pathfinder started overheating on a 350 mile trip. When I got back home I took it to the mechanic who confirmed that I needed a new radiator and fan.

It is no longer overheating but the engine noise sounds like I'm driving an old beat up Chevy truck.

My question is, did replacing the fan cause the engine to sound like a very loud roar?

My Pathfinder has 79k miles and has always been very quiet.

Anyone know of this problem?

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 pm

A very LOUD roar??
Have you stuck your head under the hood with the motor running to see where this "ROAR" is coming from?
And,, where the hell is Gorgea?

lplatzeck

Postby lplatzeck » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:29 am

Hooligan wrote:A very LOUD roar??
Have you stuck your head under the hood with the motor running to see where this "ROAR" is coming from?
And,, where the hell is Gorgea?
Thank you for your very professional answer. Do you have a life or just need to be unhelpful.

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm not a professional. They would cost you about 50 dollars per hour and, he would probably be curious as to what you consider a "roar."
Read some of the posts here. People sign on and their very first post reads something like, "my pathfinder is making a funny noise. Does anybody have any suggestions?"
This is not facebook. There are many very knowledgable people on here willing to help if you could maybe make an effort to determine where the noise is coming from and something a bit more detailed than "sounds like an old Chevy truck."
If you need help with how to open the hood, ask.
Barring that, look up a Nissan dealership in GORGEA.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:59 pm

The "roar" is likely coming from the clutch fan. If the noise is constant, it sounds like the fan clutch is defective. This is assuming the put the new fan on correctly. I would take it back to your mechanic and have him take a look at it.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”