97 Pathy stalls....HELP

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

inksJJ

97 Pathy stalls....HELP

Postby inksJJ » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:54 am

Ok so I had the evap charcoal canister puke its guts out in the lines and valves under hood.

replaced canister and valves blew lines out to clean them .

The problem is it will start and run fine then after about 10 min it will stall out as if i shut it off. will start as soon as i turn key but will die again soon after. I have noticed that it gets worse as it warms up to the point it will die within seconds of starting. this happens rather its in motion or idling.

no check engine codes or light.(yes it does work) please help figure this out as i cant afford to take it to someone or alot of parts. Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:02 pm

If this started occurring immediately after the canister failure and cleaning the lines, it would be possible that you are stalling due to a lean condition (a scantool would help verify this) caused by either a disconnected vacuum line or a stuck open purge valve at the intake manifold. That would be what I would check first. I've dealt with several vehicles that have had the canister foam fail and the system contaminated with charcoal. There is a Nissan TSB that instructs the proper way to clean out the system and it sometimes takes two or three tries to get all of the bits of charcoal out. Just one tiny piece of charcoal left in the system can cause problems.

inksJJ

Postby inksJJ » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 pm

cool ty do you know where i can find a copy of the tsb?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Try searching the knowledge base at NissanHelp.com.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”