OBD Reset time?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jres27

OBD Reset time?

Postby jres27 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:12 am

My 01 failed a NY State OBD check.

I was getting catalyst bank error codes and reset it with my obd2 reader.

I am getting fails on the following

Monitor Catalyst Not Ready

Monitor EVAP Not Ready

Monitor 02 Not ready

Monitor heated O2 Not ready

The people at the inspection station have told me I have to drive it to let the "not ready codes" reset. I have put over a hundred miles on it and still am getting the Not ready errors. any thoughts as to how long it will take or what I need to do?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:43 am

The O2 heater status should complete within a few minutes of starting the vehicle. If that still hasn't completed after 100 miles, you have a problem, somewhere. The evap system status can take a while, at times, but they all should have completed in 100 miles if any of that was a substantial ride. These are all part of the system readiness test. There is a pattern of what the ECM wants to see in a "trip." It's outlined in the service manual and there is also a TSB on the subject. It's not necessary to follow the test pattern exactly as it's shown, but it's a general pattern of what it's looking for. The TSB is #NTB98-018f and if you can't locate it online, e-mail me at [email protected] and put "RE: SRT TSB" in the subject line and I'll send you a copy of it. One thing you want to make sure is that the coolant is reaching normal operating temperature. If you notice your gauge is always near the cold side of the spectrum, you may have a stuck open thermostat causing your issue.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”