Need wiring 2001 passenger window switch

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Mikep1234

Need wiring 2001 passenger window switch

Postby Mikep1234 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi thanks for reading,
bought 2001 used pathfinder and the passenger side window switch was bad. tried to soder new connection but was fried. there was no plug adapter for the the bigger of the two plugs into the bottom of the board.

So i need to attach each wire individually on the prongs (total of 5)

I know two are negative and three are positive from the car, but i dont know which goes where, I dont want to guess wrong and fry another switch.

Another forum provided wiring diagrams etc but ended up saying i needed to call junkyards and see if they'll cut the wires and tell me order to back of that plug into the switch..

Called many and no one has the car or will not do this for me... so here i am

Thanks for reading, I understand if you cant help on this one.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Having dealt with a number of salvage yards, they would most likely sell the harness connectors with some wiring "if" you purchased the switch, as well. If you had that, you would be able to color match the wires to your harness and it would be a much more secure connection. I find it hard to believe that there's not any R50 Pathfinders in salvage yards in the USA. Try Car-part.com. It's a salvage yard search site. For some unknown reason, they don't list the passenger front door switch, but they do list a lot of yards with 2001 Pathfinders and have listing for the front left switch. I would call one of those yards and ask for a passenger side switch with the harness connectors and about 6" of the wiring with it.
If you want a wiring diagram, Autozone.com has free repair guides with wiring diagrams. NissanHelp.com has free service manual downloads in their "knowledge base" and Nico Forums site also has downloadable service manuals.

Mikep1234

Postby Mikep1234 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:20 am

appreciate the advice !

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”