Fog lights?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Livemeyer

Fog lights?

Postby Livemeyer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:10 pm

I have a 2000 SE that my daughter is driving. When a headlight went out a few weeks ago I replaced it and while testing I realized the factory fog lamps were not working. Now, I haven't checked the bulbs on these but I find it highly unlikely that both would be out at the same time. So...I checked the fuse. Replaced it even. It was not the cure. Could there be another fuse or relay I'm overlooking? If it is a relay how do I test it?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:30 pm

I don't think it would be unlikely as you would think. I would start by check for power at the bulb and ground, or test the bulbs with an ohmmeter or continuity tester. Always start with the simplest possibility! For the relay, you could try swapping it with a similar relay. You should have two terminals with power, one constant from the battery to power the lights and one that should have power when the headlamp low beams are "on" and the foglamps are "on," which would energize the relay. If the bulbs are good and the power is there, you'll need to check the ground circuits of the relay. It would be best to get a wiring diagram to identify the wires and check the flow of power in the system.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”