P1131 please help

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Jkilmurray

P1131 please help

Postby Jkilmurray » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:00 am

I have a 2004 se and have the dreaded p1131 code. I have done plenty of searches and read so many pages it is making my head spin. The solenoid tests good. It opens with 12v applied to it and changes the airflow. 12v present at connector too. When vacuum is applied to the actual swirl control valve, it moves so it limits that out. I have replaced the vacuum lines. Check valve on fender clicks when vacuum is applied to it as well. I have tried jumping the ground from solenoid to the battery with everything together and the car running. The solenoid clicks and opens to initiate vacuum but the swirl control valve doesn't open. Haven't checked ecm yet but I figured that if grounding solenoid to make it open didn't work the ecm prob isn't the problem. I'm at my wits end with this thing and don't know where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:05 am

I know that actuation of the selenoid is also dependant on the coolant temperature. It needs to read between 59F to 122F... So , in theroy, if you have a bad coolant temp sensor, your selenoid would not actuate...

Read here my post... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/ ... /?p=513931

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”