More repairs

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jetstream87

More repairs

Postby jetstream87 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 am

I been having a problem with my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE in which since day 1 I notice that the steering is way off, when I am in low speeds I keep the steering wheel center no problem, as I increase speeds (highway) I have to tilt the steering wheel usually to the right to keep it aligned and at time to the left. When I went under my car I notice that the bushings of sway bar end link were broken in which I bought new sway bar end links (haven't installed them yet). When I go into bump I hear a knocking sound from the front wheels in which my mechanic told me that I also need new Axels in which I am currently in the market looking for new axels. Any recommendations?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:37 pm

You can get new, Cardone Select axle shafts with a lifetime warranty from Rockauto.com for $56 each+shipping.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 am

I would also have a look at the driver wheel well and shock tower for any excessive rust or possibly rupture of the metal around the shock tower. There has been a recall for this and the symptoms that you are saying could fit the issue...

you can also remove the air box and verify if the steering column shaft is hitting the shock tower... this would mean it is broken (the shock tower).

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”