ATF leak?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Heavy hitter

ATF leak?

Postby Heavy hitter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:39 pm

So I have a small atf leak. It’s dripping on the passenger side. About halfway back on the car. About at the level of the muffler. Is there anything right there that can be leaking? From under the car I can see a small what looks like a heat shield? It’s kind of triangle shaped and says left on it and looks like it’s secured by 3 bolts or so. Up under it is several hard lines running towards the back. Do any of those carry atf to the rear and could they be leaking? Any ideas? I just changed the atf fluid of this helps?

Heavy hitter

Postby Heavy hitter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Ok....so after doing some more research it seems like this is probably the turbine speed sensor leaking. Has anyone had any success in doing anything about this problem short of replacing the sensor? The car has 216000 miles on it and I can’t justify that expense for a repair. I have a feeling this is causing my o2 sensor errors as well since the passenger secondary sensor has oil on it. I’m hoping somebody has done something

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”