tires

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

segundo

tires

Postby segundo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 am

I need to replace my Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires on my 2001 pathySE but I just learned that this model is discontinued. Is the Michelin LTX MS the best option? How about the Michelin Latitude HP? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Nighter-cdn

Pathfinder Tires

Postby Nighter-cdn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 pm

I have had LTX M/S on my Pathfinder for 2 years now and am very happy with them. They wear well, handle well in virtually all conditions and are an all around great tire.

Picked them up at Costco for less than $900 installed with the coupon. Michelin has specials at Costco frequently.

Another good SUV tire I was very happy with was the Goodyear Fortera. These are a less aggressive tire (slightly quieter) but also still handle well in the rain. Expect to pay a bunch more for this brand.

piste

Postby piste » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 pm

97 SE manual transmission here....orig owner....orig tires (Duelers I think) went about 40K miles...was never impressed with them...went to Mich LTX MS's. The LTX's from day one created annoying steering wheel wobble much of the time...being an avid skier and hiker I went with them figuring I'd trade off some comfort to get better snow/ice/dirt road perforance...ended up unhappy on both fronts. The one big positive was tread life...I still have the LTXs and am about to replace but got right about 100K miles out of them. But again...from pretty much beginning I could get them to spin on a slight uphill in the rain even with limited slip rear. Have been doing research for about a year now on my next set and am going with General Grabbers. Was thinking Goodyear tripletreds but they seem to have a clear rep for very low treadlife. I'm kinda done with Michelin after getting about 20K miles on their Energy tire on the wifes minivan. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”