97 Patfinder Auto Ac controls question

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Waldo_2001

97 Patfinder Auto Ac controls question

Postby Waldo_2001 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 am

So I have the auto turn dial ac controls and the issue is I can turn the temp to far left cold and it blows cold and all is well. If I turn the dial one notch up (warmer) is goes from cold to hot not much variation between it and full hot. I am thinking it is a resistor of some sort or possibly the ac panel. It is a cheap part to find but just seeing if anyone has anyidea.

Thanks
James H

piste

Re: 97 Patfinder Auto Ac controls question

Postby piste » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 am

Waldo_2001 wrote:So I have the auto turn dial ac controls and the issue is I can turn the temp to far left cold and it blows cold and all is well. If I turn the dial one notch up (warmer) is goes from cold to hot not much variation between it and full hot. I am thinking it is a resistor of some sort or possibly the ac panel. It is a cheap part to find but just seeing if anyone has anyidea.

Thanks
James H
I have same vehicle same ac system...I do notice it's gets quirky down in that first to second settting...has since I bought it in 97..but not to the extreme of being little difference between second click setting and full hot....good luck.

Nighter-cdn

A/C problem

Postby Nighter-cdn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 am

I have the same problem with my 04. A/C only comes on at 18 degrees setting and anything higher (even 18.5) it starts blowing warm air.

If you look at the top of this forum (when you click for the R50 Pathfinder) there will be service manuals. These are Nissan manuals and helped me out a ton !!! Anyhow with about a half of an hour of diagnostic testing (as per the manual an no tools required) I managed to have the computer on the a/c unit flashing an error code which showed me 2 parts which could be faulty.

I havn't had the time or pacience to attempt to fix either of them yet.

Check out this manual, it has helped me out a few times !!!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”