Doing an oil change with my skidplate

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

fleurys

Doing an oil change with my skidplate

Postby fleurys » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Since I have started making front skidplate with the oil filter window for the R50, many have asked me how the oil filter could come out without creating a mess. I tried explaining it but english not being my first language, I had a bit of difficulties finding the right words. I decided, since last saturday was a maintenance day for me, to take a bit more time and take some pictures to better show how it's done.

Once you remove the access window, you will see that the oil filter is right there, a little higher then the window.

Then, I usually use any piece of cardboard laying around and shape it in a funnel or half-pipe shape. I then insert it just under the oil filter.

Once this is done, start slowly unscrewing the oil filter to let the overflow drip on the card board and into your oil bucket. The fact that the window access is big enough for a hand and the cardboard makes all the difference.

After a few seconds, you can totally remove the oil filter, and wait for all the oil to drip out.

Put back a new oil filter and you're done. This last picture is to show that you can do this without dropping one drop (those drops are not mine) :D

Litey

Access window

Postby Litey » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 am

How did you make that ? link to Thread ? or do you have instructions ?

fleurys

Re: Access window

Postby fleurys » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:22 am

Litey wrote:How did you make that ? link to Thread ? or do you have instructions ?
I sell on many forums and also on thenissanpath : http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=1823

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”