New Owner with some water problems. Please help.

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

ctgilbertson

New Owner with some water problems. Please help.

Postby ctgilbertson » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 am

I bought a 2003 with 70,000 miles about 6 months ago. I absolutely love it but I have 3 concerns that I was hoping someone on here could help me with. I have tried searching and been unable to find what I am looking for.

1. After heavy rains last week the pasenger side front and back floor are soaked. This has never happened before. I am assuming their is a drain somewhere that is clogged. Has anyone had this happen?

2. Once in a while when water hits it right the glass on the rear deck leaks. I have tried to find where the water is coming in but I can't, it looks completely normal. Am I missing something?

3. Lastly and the least improtantly the rear deak rattles like crazy. I don't know if I have just started to notice it or if it has gotten a lot worse lately. Is there any way to cut down on the noise? Is this common?

Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice.

skifiddle

Postby skifiddle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 am

Close the door onto a strip of paper and then pull it out. You should have resistance. Repeat along your doors. The doors and tailgate may have been in an accident and not adjusted right. I have not needed to adjust any on a Pathy yet, but vehicle latches and many hinges are adjustable. Look around your doors to see if the gap is even and along the side to see if it is flush. You may need to borrow/rent an impact screwdriver to loosen the latch screws or pin. You can get one that you hit with a hammer.

BuckPath01

Postby BuckPath01 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:54 am

1. Can't help ya
2 had the same problem. For me turns out the wire for the 3rd brake lite was like pinched between the glass. You gotta open the hatch glass and close it slow and make sure wire doesn't get closed on over rubber gasket letting water in.
3. My tail gate is loud and creeky as hell. I get a small towel fold a few times and close the hAtch on it. Tightens it up and not as bad.

Jerrydog

Postby Jerrydog » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 am

The sun roof drains are clogged with some crud, run a long length of wire down them to clean them. When you do the front drains, one on each side, you will know you are clear when the wires taps the inside of the rocker panel.

As for the rear deck, adjust the striker so its tight.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”