Adjustable shocks to level my lift?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

Adjustable shocks to level my lift?

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 am

A buddy of mine purchased a 2'' lift kit for his 99 pathfinder from 4x4parts.com. The lift isnt level at all. The front sits way lower then the rear and they said theres nothing they can do about it. They dont sell anything to fix it. Do they sell adjustable shocks so he can raise the front up? I didnt see anything for spacers but i was trying to stay away from them.

It doesnt look that bad in the picture for some reason. But in person its wayy more noticable.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am

what kinda lift is it? springs? body? coilover?

i wouldnt recommend spring compression, or cutting off a turn, but it works if no other alternative.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:20 am

mar1 wrote:what kinda lift is it? springs? body? coilover?

i wouldnt recommend spring compression, or cutting off a turn, but it works if no other alternative.
Springs and shocks kit from 4x4 parts. Im trying to stay away from all those options lol.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:39 pm

anyone?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:21 am

You could probably just put the stock springs back in the rear and that should bring it level with the front end.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:26 am

put 300lbs of stuff in the back :D :D

Seriously, the front is McPherson type strut, so there is not alot of options here.. To raise the front you need spacers since you already put stiffer springs.

If no spacers, then you need to completely remove the front suspension and build something with coilovers. Since it does not exist as an after-market option anywhere, this will cost you time and money to develop.

Putting old springs at the back will most probably do the reverse effect (lower rear vs front).

by the way, a new pathfinder of this year came from factory with a rake like this...so it's not the fault of the lift kit.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 am

fleurys wrote:put 300lbs of stuff in the back :D :D

Seriously, the front is McPherson type strut, so there is not alot of options here.. To raise the front you need spacers since you already put stiffer springs.

If no spacers, then you need to completely remove the front suspension and build something with coilovers. Since it does not exist as an after-market option anywhere, this will cost you time and money to develop.

Putting old springs at the back will most probably do the reverse effect (lower rear vs front).

by the way, a new pathfinder of this year came from factory with a rake like this...so it's not the fault of the lift kit.
from what ive seen on there site the 2'' kit sits level. but what company sells spacers for the front? 4x4parts.com said they could make them but for $165 for one!!

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 pm

does the front suspenion from a 1st gen frontier fit these year trucks? i know with my 07 the 2nd get frontiers have the same front susp.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”