Good Deal?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Lije

Good Deal?

Postby Lije » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and looking at buying a Pathfinder.

I don't remember the year exactly (it was a 2002-2003) with 101k miles on it. Fully loaded w/ 4wd, leather seats, sunroof, tow package, etc.

The dealer wants $5700 for it so I could probably talk him down to around $5,400 or so.

I test drove it and it runs fine. My question is, is it a good deal? I'm really interested in it and I would really like to get it but I really don't know how much one with that many miles would normally go for.

Alfredo24PR

Postby Alfredo24PR » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:19 am

it is not a bad deal even though it has a lot of miles. It depends if you are going to use it to drive long distances then it is not a good idea, if not then I suppose it is Nissan, so it is realible

newpath

Postby newpath » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Check the kelly blue book. That should help give you an idea how much it's worth. The mileage on import cars (I have been told) isn't an indication on its condition. Obviously a lot of miles is going to have some wear on the vehicle and has more chances of having issues. But generally for domestic cars, 150k is a lot of miles and you probably don't want it unless you get a good deal on it. But for imports, they are worth taking a look at. I would say it sounds like a good deal. how much the dealer is willing to come down will show you the condition that they know it's in too. If they don't want to come down much, it's probably good. I looked at an expedition a few years ago and it ended up not being in good shape. The dealer knew this and was willing to sell it to me for what they put into the car. They showed me paper work on what they fixed and replaced and said they would sell for that. It still needed too much work for me though. I don't know if you have a midas near you, but they do used car inspections. They will lift it and everything.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”