Leaking inside the Pathy

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jimiz

Leaking inside the Pathy

Postby jimiz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:49 pm

It has been pouring down here in Oregon. A problem showed it's ugly head again today. If I park with my Pathfinder at an angle with the hood at the lower end, I leak water inside the cabin. I think it is something to do with the drain along the sunroof but I don't know where it is. Has anyone else had this type of problem? Or does anyone know where the drains are located exactly so I can see if something is clogging it?

I just joined the forum. I look forward to being a part of the Path group here!

Jack Dawkins

Postby Jack Dawkins » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:15 am

Where are you noticing the water? I had two problems:

1) Water under the driver-side floor mat: Water was building up in the drain area of the door jam. It gets filled with sticks, leaves and other debris, and you need to clean it out from time to time.

2) Water under both driver & passenger side floor mats: The lines from the sunroof were clogged and needed to be blown out with an air compressor. The guys at my shop didn't charge me. If you have an air compressor and do this yourself, be careful to not use to much pressure. I've been told you can blow the lines off their connections (I don't know if this is true, but it was the case with my old Explorer, god rest her clunky soul).

I also had an issue once where my windshield wasn't sealed properly after it was replaced. I'd check that out if you still have leaking after clearing out the drains and lines.

jimiz

Postby jimiz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:30 am

I blew out the drains and it seems to be fine now. Now I just have the nice water stains.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”