barely accel...HARD downshift...NO BRAKES!!...HELP

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

vile17

barely accel...HARD downshift...NO BRAKES!!...HELP

Postby vile17 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 am

2003 pathy SE 81k:

so I'm entering the highway, and even with the gas pedal depressed almost to the floor, it's hardly accelerating at all...suddenly what felt like a 2 gear downshift, it bursts to 6000 rpm, hesitates, and shifts up a gear. Now again it wont accelerate, then same scenario as stated happened again.

im thinking to myself "great, bought the car less than two months ago and the tranny is screwed..."

As i start to pull off an exit, my BRAKE PEDAL WENT TO THE FIREWALL....NO BRAKE PRESSURE!!! It took about 5-6 pumps before i regained pressure and didnt collide into 30 cars :/ At no point durring this trip did the car stall, it was running the whole time.

The sluggish accel and the No brakes happened again before i got it to the place i bought it, but this time the check engine light came on. ALSO, now when im in park and tap the brake pedal, i hear a clicking sound coming from the shifting column (i hear this is a disengage lock, but it was never audible untill this issue)

With only 5 days left on my 60 day warrentee, i got it to the shop, and explained everything that went wrong. Of course the dealer never calls me, so i contact them about 5 days later, for them to tell me "Come pick it up the car runs great!" :/ I ask them what was the deal with the check engine light, and hes acting like he had no idea....typical

any suggestions guys? I refuse to take it from the dealer untill they fix what almost killed me

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”