Air conditioning/stereo panel

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

00pathySE

Air conditioning/stereo panel

Postby 00pathySE » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 pm

The control knob for my blower speed has malfunctioned. The blower motor remains on despite what position the rotary knob is in-even in the "off" position. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can remove the plastic panel that covers all the controls in the center dash. I know there is two screws at the bottom of the panel but I am having trouble getting the fan vents at the top of the panel disconected from the panel itself to remove it. Anyone been through this procedure?

Thanks in advance,

OffTheBeatenPath

Re: Air conditioning/stereo panel

Postby OffTheBeatenPath » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 am

00pathySE wrote:The control knob for my blower speed has malfunctioned. The blower motor remains on despite what position the rotary knob is in-even in the "off" position. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can remove the plastic panel that covers all the controls in the center dash. I know there is two screws at the bottom of the panel but I am having trouble getting the fan vents at the top of the panel disconected from the panel itself to remove it. Anyone been through this procedure?

Thanks in advance,
00pathySE,

Just to clarify things, are you referring to the Lower Center Instrument Panel Cover? (Part Code Number 68104N in this Pathfinder console diagram: http://bit.ly/nqIj5k)

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for the reply.

No, I am referring to the plastic cosmetic panel that covers everything from the two air vents at the top of the center control panel to the stereo controls at the bottom and the air conditioning controls in between.

There is 2 screws at the bottom, but after removing those it seems you have to pry the panel off, and I didn't want to pry it too hard and break something. I was wondering if someone knew where the clips were and in what way I shoud go about removing it.

Let me know if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

just pull. its fixed pretty good. 2 screws at bottom behind shifter area. then just pull with both hands on left and right sides firmly and slow with even pressure. there r 2 clips behind panel above the vent. its a good solid panel it won't break. just don't yank. pull slow and steady.

I think you posted this again... ha! yep it was u ok well this is how.

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 am

Well, over a year has gone by and I still haven't got around to fixing that blower switch. Yes it has been that busy of a year. Has anyone replaced this switch? Does anyone know if the switch only is replaceable or is it an all-in-one package with the hot/cold dial and vent selection dial? Also, know any good place to order that part?

thanks alot for any info.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”