climate control fan stuck on high

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Wes

climate control fan stuck on high

Postby Wes » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm

So its about 100 degrees everyday in Atlanta and I am always blasting the AC so I can't complain too much...at least its not stuck on low.

this is an 2001 with 106k miles.

Yesterday I noticed that when I turned the fan speed to low on the climate control that it had no effect. This is an electronic display panel with push button up and down to the far right of the panel to control the 4 fan speed settings with the 4 fan blade picture on the display. I get high or nothing. I tried turning the system off. That doesn't work. Fan still blows out at the floor ( or somewhere ). Everything else seems to work fine. Temperature controls, Econ, Auto, top and floor vents selections....display works fine as well...the fan blades in the display do respond to the change, just not the actual fan (blower?). I also noticed that when you turn on recirculate the fan speed doesn't change, it used to go faster.

Anybody got any ideas on this one? Your help is appreciated.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 pm

You will have to replace your Hvac amp which regulates the fan blower control. It is behind the glove box.... Also, while at it, replace the in-cabin filter as it has been linked as one of the cause of the module going out.

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledg ... &keyid=320

register on this forum in order to be able to download the bulletin.

Wes

problem solved

Postby Wes » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:28 am

I replaced ONLY the amp and the cabin filters (which I didn't even know I had on this model). I did not replace the blower because it was working fine. I picked up a used AMP at the junkyard for $25 and the filters from NAPA for $22. (If I was presently employed I may have purchased the new blower amp. Currently I am pinching pennies.) I am hoping that the junkyard amplifier will last because I replaced the filters. The amps have a fuse that breaks when it gets too hot (above 140 I think) and I believe this causes most peoples amp problems. Clogged filter, less air, heat build up, blown fuse - no fan control. I saw a post where one guys fixed the problem by rebuilding the fuse for about $5, but if you don't know much about electronics or soldering you probably don't want to attempt it. This model amp was also used on older QX45's and Maxima's if you can't find a junk yard with a pathy. Good Luck!

Here is the link to replacing the internals of the amp
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/fix-th ... issan.html

here is a link to the part and other models it can be found on
http://www.autopartscheaper.com/NISSAN_ ... -70t03.htm

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 pm

nail on the head!!
been there done that got the damn tshirt lol. I have no filter on mine soo mine was covered in burnt dust ha!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”