Seatbelt question for a '00 Pathfinder

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

OffTheBeatenPath

Seatbelt question for a '00 Pathfinder

Postby OffTheBeatenPath » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am

What's up guys,

So I buckle myself into my '00 Pathfinder this morning only to notice that a rattling sound has developed in the seat belt assembly housing. (the lower part located at the bottom of the belt itself) I'm not a fan of irksome rattles so I was compelled to engage in an extensive search for the culprit behind this annoying sound.

It turns out that the screw holding this housing assembly to the interior (part code # 08566-6162A in this Pathfinder seat belt diagram: http://bit.ly/og9QBE) has gone missing on my ride :( And now I'm looking into replacing it so as to rectify this rattling issue.

Does anyone know if this is a specialized screw or could I find it at a local auto parts store? Has anyone else encountered this problem yet? Thanks in advance! 8)

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi yes I know this is my first post but to answer your question, all seat belt bolts are specialized thread. That's not to say you cant find them but they are unique as they have a hardness and grade to meet FEDeral requirements.

I lost one one time doing a interior flood repair where I had to strip the interior of a Lexus RX300 and my co-monkey (haha) technician had a number of seat belt bolts from all manner of vehicles, jap and euro,(he is junkyard junkie) and amazingly they ALL fit the bore and torqued to spec.

Soo visit local JY and for 50 cents u can be on your way.

Autobahn Automotive Visit us on FB!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autobahn- ... 2052976120[/i]
Last edited by zymol75 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miyata_kira

Postby miyata_kira » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 pm

zymol75 wrote:Hi yes I know this is my first post but to answer your question, all seat belt bolts are specialized thread. That's not to say you cant find them but they are unique as they have a hardness and grade to meet FEDeral requirements.

I lost one one time doing a interior flood repair where I had to strip the interior of a Lexus RX300 and my co-monkey (haha) technician had a number of seat belt bolts from all manner of vehicles, jap and euro,(he is junkyard junkie) and amazingly they ALL fit the bore and torqued to spec.

Soo visit local JY and for 50 cents u can be on your way.
yeah i agree with you man about on what you've said. actually that is a good point. this is also true in finding local auto repair shops. you keep on looking for auto shops but you didn't put the location. in finding parts we should be more more savvy in using internet. like what i have did, i find a Tampa auto repair shops in my patiently searching in the net.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”