Help with fan speed selector replacement...

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

00pathySE

Help with fan speed selector replacement...

Postby 00pathySE » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:00 am

I'm trying to replace the rotary fan speed selector switch in my 2000 Pathfinder. Can someone tell me how I get the plastic face plate off that covers all the center controls (stereo, air conditioning...etc) so I can get the fan speed selector switch? It seems to be stuck near the 2 air vents at the top of the plate. I don't want to yank on it too hard and break it.

Thanks, let me know if you need clarification.

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 pm

just pull. its fixed pretty good. 2 screws at bottom behind shifter area. then just pull with both hands on left and right sides firmly and slow with even pressure. there r 2 clips behind panel above the vent. its a good solid panel it won't break. just don't yank. pull slow and steady.

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply! I got the plate off finally. Now I'm not sure how to get the switch out. There is the piece of flat plastic that fits over the knobs with the sympology on it for all the controls. Am I supposed to take the knob off some how or do I pull the switch out from behind the assembly and leave the knob on?

Thanks.

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:23 pm

the whole assy comes out from behind (4 screws) it has a few electrical connectors and physical cables attached that connect to the blend doors and such on the a/c box so don't over extend them. it's kinda awkward to remove too. i always take the radio out completely to be able to get the a/c control head out from under. make sure u have a radio code if urs needs it before u disconnect it.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”