98 console lid will fit my 01 right?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

aihsela

98 console lid will fit my 01 right?

Postby aihsela » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:29 pm

My dog tore a hole in my console lid. There's one on ebay, same or close to my interior color (dark grey/blackish) that is being parted from a wrecked 98 Pathfinder. When I use the generic compatibility checker that ebay supplies on some auctions it states it's not compatible. I'm thinking this is wrong. Any thoughts?

zymol75

Postby zymol75 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:38 pm

no it won't fit. 98 is very different than 01. the body and interior changed dramically in 99.5 and the 01 is a slightly further evolution of that change, trim wise. there were also many different trims and grills and other items in 99 and 2000. You would have more luck fitting trim from a QX4 in 01.
-Brian

scottrainey

I have one...

Postby scottrainey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 am

I replaced the lid on my console for my 2001 and still have the original. It's black and in really good shape except for a 2 inch wide spot near the front that looks like there had been a sticker or something on it, because the grain of the faux leather is different. No holes or rips, though... I could let you have it for shipping and a little more (say ten bucks, if that sounds fair) if you want it. I can post a photo of it, too, if you'd like.

I found my replacement online through a junkyard. Many of them have query options where you can ask for a specific part and they search their databases for it. I got an immaculate replacement (looked brand-new) for about $40.00, including shipping. I'll try to find the name of the yard if you want - I have the receipt in my office with all of my car stuff. :D

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”