1996 fuel issue, no start, no fuel

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

kevmic28

1996 fuel issue, no start, no fuel

Postby kevmic28 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 pm

I have a chance to pick up a nice 1996 Pathfinder from my sister for pretty cheap but I cant get it to start. It ran fine a month and a half ago but now wont start. The fuel relay clicks when the key is turned but I cant hear the fuel pump and the fuse is good. My question is on the 96 pathfinder was there an inertia switch or relay cutoff? Before I drop the fuel tank I want to rule out some easier things. Also she had let the battery die. I think the security system eventually ran it down. Would this cause the keys to not be recognized. The engine turnne over but no fuel.

180sx

Postby 180sx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I had this same problem a few days ago. turnd the key, and the fuel relay clicked. And the battery had died (which was weird because it was fine the night before). What I did was take the relay off, bang it lightly a few times, and put it back. Then charged the battery completely. It started up after a few turns of the key and hasn't come back since. This may not be the right way, but it worked for me.

Jose

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”