2002 pathfinder

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Qatcool

2002 pathfinder

Postby Qatcool » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi to all..I hope somebody can give me advice, I just bought a 2002 pathfinder last june, i just replace all under chasis bushing, my problem is that you can feel that the car is changing gear especially from 1st to 2nd gear. is it the transimission? or the differential.?\\

roki303

Postby roki303 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 am

Sounds like transmission to me if you can connect it to gears changing. Check your ATF fluid if it is not pink I would change it. I use RedLine ATF D4 (it is compatible with Nissan D Matic) and from my experience it works perfectly. You can probably use something else that you can find in your local store but that works for me and my tranny is not giving me ANY issues whatsoever.

It is fairly easy to do but it is a messy affair. You drain fluid but not all the fluid is going to come out. Therefore what I've been doing is this:

- Drain fluid
- measure and refill the amount that was drained
- drive around the block
- repeat

If you do it 3x you should have 90% new fluid in there. On 01 you have to refill through the transmission fluid dipstick.

If you have not changed your Diff oil I would do that as well (front and rear). If you have LSD sticker on your rear diff getting the right oil is tricky. I had to use friction modifier (even though gear oil would say LSD compatible). Otherwise I would get a loud bang when costing and trying to accelerate slightly. Just make sure that you can open fill in plug before you open drain. You just fill in until oil starts to come out from fill in hole.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”