intermittent injector voltage

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

coyodel

intermittent injector voltage

Postby coyodel » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Greetings all,

I have a strange problem I'll bet no one has run into but I could sure use some advice if you have.

I had my mechanic put a new timing belt on my 2000/3.3 a couple of months ago but when I got the Pathy back it suddenly had a horrible ignition miss and service engine engine light it didn't have before. I took it back because the guy is a really good wrench and very conscientious but obviously something happened while he had the sled.

He checked his timing belt work which was fine, checked a few other things that were fine then he checked the voltage to the injectors and found that several of them were down so he wants to replace the injectors. The thing is I haven't convinced him that having 3 or 4 injectors suddenly go bad plus the dash light isn't a coincidence but he's going by what his diagnostics are telling him. Since then I normally roll with the dash light on a slight miss although the sled runs pretty strong anyway but occasionally I can drive all day with no service engine light or ignition miss so it's clearly something intermittent with the voltage supply.

Has anyone run into anything this strange and intermittent? I sure haven't!

Thanks! Bob

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”