New 99.5 Pathfinder owner with many questions

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Finderofpaths

New 99.5 Pathfinder owner with many questions

Postby Finderofpaths » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Hello all,

just purchased a used 99.5 Pathfinder XE. It's in pretty good condition besides some light scuffs here and there, but it has about 126,xxx miles. I'm going to do the timing belt/water pump change, and the apparently both the valve cover gaskets are leaking, so I'll also do that. It also needs new shocks, and I'm probably going to change out all fluids too (tranny, rad, etc).

I had a few questions though. After I bought the car, I brought it home and was looking in the cargo area under the carpet for the spare tire tools, etc (first time with a pathy, so I was unaware), and noticed there were some water under the carpet, but the rest of the car was dry. We had real heavy rain in Houston a couple of days ago, where I actually had to drive through some flood water and stalled her for a brief second, but got it started right up and got outta there. After that, I notice condensation type build up around the bottom sill where the rear door meets. There is also a musty smell, and the cargo carpet is a little wet. I don't see water anywhere else in the vehicle though.

Second question is, after driving through the flood water, I notice that my passenger side window will not go down with the passenger side button. I can roll it up and down from the driver's side though. So is that the regulator, or the switch or could it be a fuse? Also, when I turn left, the blinker does not click off automatically, I have to physically do it, what could cause that?

And lastly, what's the best way to get rid of condensation from the headlights? I blew out the driver's side from the flood water getting in, and now they're fogged up. Also, how do I adjust them? I ordered HIDs and don't want to blind oncoming traffic, so I want to point them down a little.

Sorry for so many questions, and thanks for any help you guys can provide, and I look forward to many happy years of ownership with my new Pathy!

Rizzo226

Postby Rizzo226 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 pm

is it equipped with a sunroof? if it is sometimes the drains for the sunroof gets blocked and can result in leaks....also i installed 6000K HIDs in my 03 finder and there aimed fine ad you will blind oncoming traffic anyway i get flashed all the time there just too bright.....If you domt have a sun roof id suggest running a hose over your car or bring it to a car wash to try and find where the water is leaking in from.

Finderofpaths

Postby Finderofpaths » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:14 am

Not equipped with a sunroof. I'll look for it again next time I get a car wash done. Also, anyone know how to fit the retainer ring for the headlight, or if I can buy the retainer socket?

duckylucky

window switch

Postby duckylucky » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:49 pm

I had a similar problem with my rear windows. I replaced one switch and cleaned the other one with alcohol.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”