2001 Seat Motor and Airbag Warning Light

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

TheTexan

2001 Seat Motor and Airbag Warning Light

Postby TheTexan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:49 pm

I have a 2001 LE with about 170,000 miles. Great car, still runs like a top. However, the vinyl skirting on the front seats has seen much better days. So, I removed the two front seats (disconnecting the electrical connections) and took them to a local upholsterer who did a great job of replacing the skirts and rehabilitating the seat surfaces.

I re-installed the seats, reconnecting all of the electrical connections. The electric motors that operate the passenger seat work just fine and the seat operates in all directions. However, the drivers seat no longer moves forward and backward. When I push the switch forward or back, there is an audible click, but the motor does not run. Does this mean that the motor is dead and must be replaced, or is there another potential fix? If the motor is dead, can it be easily replaced (DIY), or m I stuck with having to take it to a professional?

I also noticed a second problem. The airbag indicator on the dashboard (above the speedo) flashes on and off (it did not before). I re-checked all of the connections under the seat and they are all correct and tight. I just read through the Electrical System precautions in the Service Manual here on the forum site and it says that I should have disconnected the battery and waited 3 minutes before disconnecting the SRS siring harness under the front seats. So, what do I do now….am I screwed?

Many thanks!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”