98 Pathfinder - need power window help

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

KJ3030

98 Pathfinder - need power window help

Postby KJ3030 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I just bought a 98 Pathfinder and a week later the power windows and locks stop working, ugh! A guy at Advance Auto Parts told me that it's usually the button that lets the driver lock the windows so they can only be used at the driver's control panel. Does this sound right? Is there a way to check this? Is there a way to bypass that switch? Advance wants like $110.00 for this part, is there anyplace I could get the part cheaper than that? What is the actual name of the part I need?

Help!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 pm

I believe you are referring to the power window main switch, Nissan P/N 25401-0W010. Nissan sells the part for around $210. The part is available from Dorman, P/N 901-806. You can get it online for about $77 including shipping from 123AutoParts.com or about $83 from Amazon.com. That said, your parts guy isn't diagnosing your problem; he is guessing. There is a window lockout button on your main switch; make sure that it hasn't accidentally been pressed. Also, make sure all of your fuses are good in your passenger compartment and engine bay fuse boxes, as well as your fusible links. If these are all good, then it's possible that the main switch is bad, but it could be a bad ground or wiring problem. You can either cross your fingers and gamble that the new main switch will fix the problem or have the switch confirmed bad through proper testing and diagnostics.

KJ3030

Postby KJ3030 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Thank you for your reply. I finally decided to actually pop the panel off the door and take a look at the wiring and found that the wiring harness had come disconnected from the power window main switch :oops: I reconnected everything and it all works fine!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”