Brakes pads?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Templater

Brakes pads?

Postby Templater » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Last time I did my breaks, I got the cheap ones and they squeel bad. Who has the best breaks? autozone, napa, O'reilly?

Are ceramics the best for the 40-60$ range?

Any tips would be great.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

"Best" really depends on a number of factors. For an everyday driver and original equipment performance, I use Akebono Ceramics and purchase them from Rockauto.com for the best price. Akebono is an original equipment supplier to Nissan and the pads come with new shims and guide plates, but they are less costly than genuine Nissan premium pads. Ceramics are much less prone to noise and make less dust than the "cheap" pads on the market. Raybestos Professional Grade Ceramic and Advanced Technology Ceramic pads are also very good. If you are looking for performance brakes, you may want to check into companies like Hawk and Brembos.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 pm

on my side I used kiriu rotors which are in reality nissan oem with the nissan name buffed out for half the price of oem and I use the akebono pads also...

never hear any noise and I put them through mud,dirt,sand,etc... and no I do not use any slotted or drilled rotors.... good ol full one, just like the ones shipped with an brand new pathfinder... :-)

Templater

Postby Templater » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks guys. That helps and points me in the right direction.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”