Minor radio questions!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

nehpetslolz

Minor radio questions!

Postby nehpetslolz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

This is the radio:Radio!
i was about ready to buy this radio for my 98 pathfinder just now and i was wondering if it was a good choice? so i came here to the guys who know best haha so i was also wondering what i would need to make this work in my pathy? any help is much appreciated! thanks :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Sony is a good name and this is a descent deck for under $100. It will bolt right in with the use of the original Nissan radio brackets. I would get a wiring harness adapter to make the install a lot cleaner and easier; Best Buy should have it, but, if they don't, you can find them in Walmarts with car audio sections, Crutchfield.com., Radio Shack and other places that deal with car audio. The installation harness will wire to your Sony harness and allow you to plug in directly to your Pathy's main harness without chopping or splicing it. This will mean that you can always put the stock unit back or makes it easier if you ever decide to change out the Sony for another deck. It also saves you from figuring out the factory wire colors and matching them to your decks. Soldering and heat shrink wrapping is the best way to join wires. Solderless crimp connectors are the next best. Don't twist bare wires together and slap some electrical tape over them as this will eventually lead to problems. If you have steering wheel mounted controls and wish to retain them, you'll need a steering wheel control interface. They run about $60-70. Also remember that Nissans ground through the chassis, so your Sony deck's ground wire will need to attach to a mounting bolt/screw on the metal dash chassis. Good luck!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”