A/C fan

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

drbdjones

A/C fan

Postby drbdjones » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Just driving down the road, A/C on full blast and then all of a sudden the fan quits blowing. Fuses are good, I changed them around, no help. I did notice a couple of months ago a slight ticking coming from the fan motor when it was on lower speeds but not on high. The ticking did go away after a couple of weeks but now this. Could it be a relay or the fan motor? Where is the motor located? A/C still blows cold but only when I'm moving.

IanH

Re: A/C fan

Postby IanH » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 am

drbdjones wrote:Just driving down the road, A/C on full blast and then all of a sudden the fan quits blowing. Fuses are good, I changed them around, no help. I did notice a couple of months ago a slight ticking coming from the fan motor when it was on lower speeds but not on high. The ticking did go away after a couple of weeks but now this. Could it be a relay or the fan motor? Where is the motor located? A/C still blows cold but only when I'm moving.
On passenger side. Remove the glove box to see where its at. Check the switch. there are two types, one with resistor speed control and one with power Amp ( Auto temp control). If resistor goes out it should still work on high. My 2003 SE has auto temp control, I found the temp sensor to right of steering column on the lower plastic panel, looks like small grill about 1/2 Sq.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:45 am

It could be the motor. Thing to do would be to check for power and ground at the blower motor harness connector under the passenger side of the dash.

00pathySE

Re: A/C fan

Postby 00pathySE » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:55 am

drbdjones wrote:Just driving down the road, A/C on full blast and then all of a sudden the fan quits blowing. Fuses are good, I changed them around, no help. I did notice a couple of months ago a slight ticking coming from the fan motor when it was on lower speeds but not on high. The ticking did go away after a couple of weeks but now this. Could it be a relay or the fan motor? Where is the motor located? A/C still blows cold but only when I'm moving.
What year Pathfinder do you have? Does it have the manual dials? This happened to me last summer when it was really hot and running the A/C for a long time. The fan switch shorted out in the dash. I noticed the switch got stuck in my hand for second. I pulled it out and it had litteraly melted part of the plastic. You can order a replacement part from the dealer (it was 80$ in Canada). It's called a Switch-Fan and the part number is 27660-70E00(I have a 2000 Pathfinder). I'd pull the dash panel off and have a look at it first to be sure. Let me know if you need help figuring that out.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”