rear interior light coming on randomly [issue]

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

NGW814

rear interior light coming on randomly [issue]

Postby NGW814 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm

So I'm new to the forum, Ive had my 02 Pathfinder for about a month (I put my new tag on yesterday) and this is not how I thought I'd start posting... but anyway.
The issue: I was coming home tonight and turned right (rolling turn, not a complete stop) and the rear interior light came on and then dimmed back down. I made several more right turns to make sure I wasnt seeing things and it happened again. Every time I turn right the light comes on and dims back in like 3 seconds. What could be causing this?! And how can I fix it.... Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Two things it could be are the sensor in the rear latch shorting or possibly the wire shorting where the harness runs between the rear hatch and the roof.

wnadrag

Postby wnadrag » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:31 pm

This happens to me all the time in my 01. If it's like mine just open the trunk and slam it closed harder. I'm not trying to be funny, that drives me nuts having to pull over a 1/2 mile down the road because I keep seeing it come on and off in my mirror, but it always works.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”