Engine stutter. Please help!!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Livin_AZ_Style!!

Engine stutter. Please help!!

Postby Livin_AZ_Style!! » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 pm

i have a 98' Se Pathy with 171K. Around the time i changed the water pump my truck began to stutter. so, i changed my spark plugs and wires, along with the fuel filter and it still stutter. I figured it might be a bad placed timing belt and had a pro look at it and he adjusted it. still stuttering. Can ANYONE please give me some advice? It's my first pathy and don't want it to be my last.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm

If you used Bosch platinum plugs by any chance, replace them with the proper type NGK's. Stick with genuine Nissan or NGK when it somes to ignition parts. How is the distributor cap & rotor? Fuel injectors have been known to cause misfiring on the VG33E engine; Nissan recommends a professional-type fuel injection service prior to replacing any injectors as it usually fixes the problem. Have you tried checking for stored trouble codes?

Livin_AZ_Style!!

Postby Livin_AZ_Style!! » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 pm

I will ask for all the codes the mechanic got from the reader. He told me the distributor and rotor are good. I'll have the mechanic look at the injectors. The spark plugs i used were NGK but the wires i got were Bosch.

teggenberger

Engine Sutter

Postby teggenberger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:40 am

Does it stutter all the time or only when warm/hot?
My 99 PF, threatens to shutdown when hot and accelerationg (up hill).
Mechanic said it the Temp. gauge being pegged cause my 'Fan clutch' needs replaced - fan not cooling engine.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”