2000 Pathfinder 3.3 oil leak

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

fasani

2000 Pathfinder 3.3 oil leak

Postby fasani » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 am

Hi there.
I have an oil leak and I can't find it.
It's somewhere near the carter, tranny or anything else but always down the car. I have no odors coming from the car, and it only leaks when the engine is running. When stopped, no leaks.
It's exactly like engine oil, but absolutely clean. The engine oil has about 2k miles, so it's more black than clean, and the leak is like new, transparent engine oil. Same odor and same color.
Anyway I checked the engine oil level and it's perfect. I drove 700 miles during the weekend with the leak and no problem.
I also checked the transmission fluid level and is perfect and it's also a complete different kind of fluid, more red, odor and consistency.
If it's not engine oil, transmission fluid, what else do I have in the front below the engine?. Can the engine oil be that clean in some part?.
During my trip had no problem at all, everything was perfect and I was so worried about the leak, but I had not a noise o any other symptom.
Can any body help me?. does anybody knows well the 3.3 engine?.
It's really underpower!!!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 am

power steering fluid?

fasani

Postby fasani » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm

disallow wrote:power steering fluid?
Thanks for your answer. I think that power steering fluid is much more smelly and it's kind of hidraulic fluid more than oil.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”