CrankShaft Position Sensor Location 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

specopbookie

CrankShaft Position Sensor Location 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

Postby specopbookie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey all,

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3. I can't for the life of me find the Crank Shaft Position Sensor anywhere on the car. I've read that it's on the transmission bell on the left side. I've read that it's on the right side. I've read that 2000 and Newer Nissans don't have one; it's located in the distributor. Can anyone shed any light on this? Possibly have a picture/diagram/video to help aide my quest for the long lost hidden Sensor??? I'm searching everywhere... I cannot locate this thing. It's jacked up and I'm looking from underneath the car. is there a better vantage point to locate and replace this sucker?

Thank You EVERYONE for your help in advance

jamesthejames

Postby jamesthejames » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:44 pm

The sensor picks up off the flywheel.... So check close to the engine side of the bell housing. Access it from top middle of back of engine.

specopbookie

Got it

Postby specopbookie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks. I found it on the top left bell housing (drivers side). I was able to access it reaching up around the exhaust with my left hand. It's a very tight squeeze. You can't see it well at all; theres a metal cover over it. Remove the 10mm bolt, pull the metal shield out of the way, and pull it right out. Reverse to install. I've heard that some people were able to access it much easier by removing the tire and black plastic inner fender wall but I was discouraged with that route when I saw how secure the plastic wall was. Anyway, all is well now. Thanks.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”