Help needed

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Mamdouh Masoud Hanna

Help needed

Postby Mamdouh Masoud Hanna » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi everyone
I have a nissan pathfinder 98 SE
Does anyone know what a vaccum cut valve function is?or the bypass valve? Part number? Cost?
I was in a safari and the exhaust pipe broke, when i got back home, i found something molten on the right rear part, light color plastic with a resort inside with hose terminals
Gasoline is strongly smelled from the car and when it's hot u can see gasoline vapor from the rear right wheel
Any opinions??

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 am

These are parts of the evaporative emissions system. This system stores fuel vapors in the evap canister until a later time when they can be introduced to the intake manifold and burned through the combustion process, rather than have them vent directly into the atmosphere. Since I'm in the US, I can't really say if the part numbers are going to be the same if you happen to be outside the US. I provided a link below to a diagram of the system. What's not shown is the white plastic "vacuum cut valve," for whatever reason. There are a number of valves and sensors on the system. In the rear, there is usually an evap pressure sensor (aka boost sensor) that is black, has an electrical connector and a single vacuum line to it; it is the "eyes" of the system. You have a white plastic vacuum cut valve, which has four vacuum hoses going to it (two running parallel to the front of it and one on each side). This works in conjunction with the vacuum cut valve bypass valve, which has an electrical connector and two vacuum lines going to it; it will be made of metal and plastic. Then there's the vent control valve, which bolts directly onto the evap canister. At the front of the system, in the engine compartment, you have the evap canister purge volume control solenoid valve, which, when controlled by the ECM, opens and lets the vacuum in the intake manifold pull the vapor up from the canister and into the engine for combustion. There will also be a green colored cap on a vacuum line in the engine compartment use for testing of the evap system.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... nlPartList

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”