Odd

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

2537buzz

Odd

Postby 2537buzz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I have a 2004 Pathfinder LE and went to have the original Bose sterio changed to an upgraded system with ipod connection and Nav. Intrestingly enough, the LE will not fit a system with Nav. The interesting part of ot is that the 2004 SE will. You would have thought the LE and SE would have been the same except for thw trim level, vut the SE radio area is just slightly squarer allowing for the biggwr unit, whereas there is a slight curve on the LE that will only allow for a smaller radio. Go figure. Just thought I would post it in case anyone else may in thw future. Be looking to upgrade. I was disappointed. I found a wonderful Kenwood touch screen with Nav and all the goodies but it will only fit the SE and not my LE. UGH! Elaine

Flock14

Postby Flock14 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 am

If the car systems can support it, you could always try cutting away some of the area, sanding it down, and then just putting a trim around it after the stereo is put in to make it look like no cutting occurred; but, I know how frustrating getting a good sound system can be!

2537buzz

Postby 2537buzz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Thank you. I am not handy. LOL. I ended up having a kenwood that would fit installed. It was actually for my son. He will be 17 in two weeks and getting his license. My husband and I bought him the truck. Gotta say I love the truck and hate giving it up. LOL. Anyway, sor anyone looking for a radio and install avoid PC Richards. My son saved his money for a new system. He had it put in last Thursday, and Friday it first said there was an issue with the sirius antenna connection, then after coming out of the store, turning the truck on, the sterio would not turn on. It was dead. Took it vack to them on Sunday and the installer said it went into protext mode, and that Kenwoods arw touchy. He reset it and showed my son how to do it if it happens again. Did not make sense to me, that the system dor no reason would do this, but I accepted it and figured to wait and see if it happens again. Well, next day same thing so I called Kenwood this morning and they said if it had go e into protect it would have not shit off it would have just displayed protect. They said it sounded like possibly a bad head unit. Do not know what it is but will be at PC Richards again for the second time in less the a week. Would never buy or use for install again. Looking to have a remote start put in foe the winter dor him dor school in the morning. It will not be at PC Richards.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”