Climate control bulb replacement?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Templater

Climate control bulb replacement?

Postby Templater » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Have a 1999.5 and both bulbs behind my climate control went out. The A/C button and recirculating air lights still work, just not the two lights behind the heater, flow direction and high/low turn knobs.

All the stores I call say they don't carry the bulb. I am guessing I need to go to a salvage yard. Does anyone know if the bulb is a common enough bulb to find a version at radio shack or local store?

Also, any tips to getting the bulb out? Do I need to take the radio and everything else out too?

Thanks!

moymurfs

Postby moymurfs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Although they are small my local Advance Auto had them in stock. The originals are coated with blue rubber. You can find blue colored ones now but the only thing it does is reduce the brightness. The ones in stock were clear.
You will have to remove the trim panel but not the radio. Unscrew the climate control unit and pull it forward. You will have to maneuver it carefully so as not to screw up the cable connector in the rear. The bulbs are housed in plastic sockets that turn a 1/4 turn and pull out. Count yourself lucky that you don't need the recir/AC lights....I have never seen such a tiny bulb and socket !

Templater

Thanks!

Postby Templater » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks for the info :lol: Hope to get this all finished up this weekend. No fun driving in the dark.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”