Blower not working

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

sponger0

Blower not working

Postby sponger0 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:35 am

Well here comes summer and the blower goes out. The AC you can hear click on and off. It doesnt blow on heat or cool, high or low settings.

My cousin told me its the resistor, but after reading the resistor wouldnt stop it blowing on all settings.

I plan on going into the dash tomorrow to see what is wrong and needed to guidance on what could be wrong.

Blower moter? Fan control amplifier?

Please help...I need to get this fixed ASAP.

Thank you. Oh its a 2000 pathfinder.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri May 31, 2013 6:02 am

I vote for blower motor. At this age of vehicle, it is pretty common.

Try whacking it with a hammer (its under the passenger dash in the footwell) and I bet it will fire up, for a little while anyways.

sponger0

Postby sponger0 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:04 am

Yea I did some examining of parts. So I can see the blower.

To give more details, when it starting going out, it was blowing then stopped for a few minutes and then would start blowing again. And this continued until it wouldnt blow at all anymore.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

A fan blower amp is used on automatic climate control systems in place of the blower resistor used in manual HVAC systems. Often when a blower amp fails, it goes into default mode, which is fan at high speed all the time. Blower resistors fail with usually the same results, only working in the highest speed mode. If you had intermittent problems prior to it not working, it's likely neither the amp nor resistor. Could be a blower motor, bad connection or an intermittent circuit issue. Like suggested, try banging on the blower fan or wiggling the harness near the motor; those are the most likely causes.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”